Design is international – intercultural expertise for designers in a European-wide context
The European MEDes program (BA/MA)
The MEDes program (Master Course European Design) prepares young designers for the new challenges on the European job market. It enables them to become acquainted with current tasks in a diverse and flexible matter, to analyze and understand different cultural contexts as well as to meet challenges on an international scope. Exactly these qualifications, their extended language competence and the intercultural experiences are going to give the graduates of the European master's program MEDes better job opportunities within the international market.
The structure of MEDes is the following:
- The first two years the students study in Cologne
- In the third year they spend one year at one of the international partner universities
- The BA will completed by an examination in Cologne.
- In the fourth year they spend another year at a second partner university.
- In the fifth year they return to Cologne to complete their Master thesis.
During their stay abroad the curricular contents follow the programs of the individual partner schools. The studies abroad take place in English or in the respective national language.
This master program is based on a cooperation of seven European design universities:
- Glasgow School of Art, GB-Glasgow
- University of Art and Design, FI-Helsinki
- Politecnico di Milano, I-Mailand
- Les Ateliers/ENSCI, F-Paris
- Konstfack, S-Stockholm
- Staatl. Akademie der Künste, D-Stuttgart
- Köln International School of Design
Deadline is April 1st, 2013.
Köln International School of Design KISD