Design, art, music, punk – The era of New German Design has shaped the cultural scene. What has remained of this particular period of time with its new aesthetic, which did create an aware alternative concept to the established form language?
The impulses of postmodern design date back to Italy, though in Germany its vocabulary is different. It originates from a rebellion, not just due to the 1968 movement and its social, political and cultural consequences. What was initiated earlier is consensus today. Well-known forms of living are dissolving due to new factors such as mobility and digitization, which lead to an expansion of the concept of design and offer a greater potential for identification.
- studies of interior design, Akademie der Bildenden Künste München
- studies of product design, Kunsthochschule Kassel
- since 2016 self-employment as a product and furniture designer
- since 2019 teaching assignments and seminars at universities KISD, RMIT, SAE Institute Köln, Muthesius Kunsthochschule Kiel
- lives and works in Düsseldorf
The KISDtalk will be hosted and moderated by Prof. Wolfgang Laubersheimer in Zoom.
Meeting ID: 815 1772 0013